Tour Guide Service Available
If you or your group will be visiting any of the sites or areas shown on this webpage, and you would like to arrange for a guided tour, please send me a message at - walden01 @ comcast.net. Depending on my schedule, I may be available to give you a custom tour of the sites of your choice. The following information applies.
My tours are very informal - I act only as an on-site tour guide - I do not arrange transportation, lodging, meals, or itineraries. My tour guide services are geared toward individuals or small groups - larger groups (normally more than eight) will need to make their own arrangements with established travel companies, for entrance to museums and pay sites such as the Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's Nest) at Berchtesgaden. I can still guide larger groups on-site, once the overall arrangements have been made with the desired establishments.
I tailor my tours to be the custom tour of your choice - whatever you want to see, at whatever level of detail. You can have either a basic drive-by introduction to the sites, or a walking tour of whatever length you desire, or if you like to get out in the woods and really see the out-of-the-way and "hidden" sites, we can do that too. My tours run for however long you want - if you want to spend all day tramping through the woods or walking around the sites, that's what we'll do.
My fees vary for each site - write for available sites and fees. Payment can be made in US$ or Euro, and my fees do not include any entry fees to museums, pay sites, etc. Since my own schedule is subject to change without notice from my employer, all arrangements must be considered tentative, until right before the tour date. That is, please do not plan your trip or itinerary based solely on any tour we may schedule, because I might be forced to cancel due to circumstances entirely beyond my control, even at the last minute. (Alas, I don't do this for a living, I have to have a "real job" which sometimes conflicts.)
Please note that the tours I give are for historical sites associated with the Third Reich - for tours of local scenery or general history, I suggest it would be better to contact a commercial tour company or guide service.
walden01 @ comcast.net
Comments from previous tours ...
- Great tour! Your tour was perfect and just what we needed ... I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the sites and history you described so clearly. (Munich, 2012)
- We all agreed at the end of the day that our day could have not been better. Geoff is very organized and meticulous, handing out informative materials to us along with stories. He put time and effort into his tour and it showed. (Obersalzberg, 2012)
- We would highly recommend this tour to others! It was the best tour we have had. We saw sites we didn't think we would ever see and some that we didn't even know existed. Geoff was very knowledgeable of all the sites and answered all of our questions. (Dachau area, 2012)
- I really enjoyed the tour because throughout the tour, we would stop and discuss the historical significance of multiple sites ... we experienced and gained a more wholesome perspective of Munich throughout its history. (Munich, 2012)
- The tour Mr. Walden gave us was very informative and interesting. He was able to not only show you the sites from the Third Reich but he also explained each site so well that at times you could visualize that site in it's original form over 70 years ago. We saw everything we hoped to see and more as our tour also took us to a few places we were not expecting and would have never found on our own. (Nürnberg, 2012)
- We saw and learned many new things ... Geoff was extremely knowledgeable and articulate. (Munich, 2012)
- I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed the tour you gave us. The students thoroughly enjoyed it as well. (Munich, 2012)
- Thanks so much for the tour yesterday. We had a wonderful time. (Würzburg, 2005)
- Thanks so much for the wonderful tour. It was great - I went to places that I had never seen before!! (Schweinfurt, 2005)
- Just wanted to thank you a lot for a very interesting day in Nürnberg. We had some truly educational hours with you. (Nürnberg, 2006)
The following companies provide commercial tours of various sites (I cannot specifically recommend any of these as I have not taken any of these tours myself):
Berchtesgaden - Eagle's Nest Tours (tours in English of the Obersalzberg, Eagle's Nest, Salzburg) - www.eagles-nest-tours.com
Nürnberg - "Geschichte für Alle" - http://www.geschichte-fuer-alle.de/fremd/index.html
Munich - Munich Walk Tours - http://www.munichwalktours.de/third_reich.htm
Berlin - Third Reich Insider Tour - http://www.insidertour.com/templates/showtours.php/aid/110
Berlin - Infamous Third Reich Sites - http://www.viator.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?ID=1010&PRODUCTID=1016&CODE=3817REICH
Berlin - New Berlin Third Reich Tour - http://www.newberlintours.com/third_reich_tour.php
Guided tours of the former East-West German border area -- www.bordertours.com - This tour I have taken, and I highly recommend it!
Third Reich in Ruins, http://www.thirdreichruins.com/
All contents copyright © 2000-2013,
Geoffrey R. Walden; all rights reserved. All photos taken by or
This page is intended for historical
research only, and no political or philosophical aims should be assumed.
This page initially uploaded on 20 July 2000.